Congregation Ahavas Sholom meets every Shabbat morning, starting at 9:00 a.m. for services and Kiddush lunch.
On periodic Friday evenings we hold Friday night services followed by a communal Shabbat dinner.
We also come together for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Succot, Shemini Atzeret, Simchat Torah, Chanukah, Tu B’Shvat, Purim, Pesach, Shavuot, and Tisha B’Av.
Please join us for Shabbat or the holidays if you are coming into Newark for business or pleasure.
If you need information on hotels, motels, restaurants, and Jewish life in the greater Newark area call Jeff at 973-207-3095.
From Downtown Newark
- Take Broad Street north. Instead of turning left onto Bloomfield Place, continue straight.
- One block later turn left onto Gouvernor Street, and then right onto Broadway.
- Drive 1 long block. You’ll see the Synagogue on the right and immediately
- turn right into the parking lot between the Synagogue and Clinton Memorial AME Zion Church.
From Essex County
- Bloomfield Avenue east into Newark.
- One mile beyond Branch Brook Park, near the bottom of the hill,
- turn left onto Crittenden Street, marked by a Verizon building on the near left and “Lou Caputo Florist” on the
far left corner.
- Two short blocks on Crittenden. Turn right where Crittenden ends onto Broadway, and
- immediately •turn left into the parking lot between Clinton Memorial AME Zion Church and the Synagogue.
From Garden State Parkway or Route 280
- Garden State Parkway to exit 145 (Route 280 east).
- Route 280 east to “First Street, Newark” left –hand exit.
- Left onto First Street—one-half mile to its end at Park Avenue.
- Right on Park Avenue. Cross Branch Brook Park and continue one-half mile down the hill.
- Park Avenue. ends at Bloomfield Avenue. Cross Bloomfield Avenue.
- Onto Crittenden Street—two short blocks on Crittenden.
- Turn right where Crittenden ends onto Broadway, and
- Immediately turn left into the parking lot (between Clinton Memorial AME Zion Church and the Synagogue).
From New York City or New Jersey Turnpike
- George Washington Bridge or Lincoln Tunnel to NJ Turnpike (Route 95).
- Exit 15W (Route 280). 280 west for three miles.
- Immediately after the Passaic River drawbridge, take Exit 15A (Route 21 South). Keep straight.
- DO NOT take left turn for 21 South. Proceed straight to North Broad Street, where take a right
- Follow North Broad Street. for 1/2 mile and take the left just after Bloomfield Place take
- Left onto Gouverneur Street. to its end. Right onto Broadway.
- Drive one long block You’ll see the Synagogue on the right and immediately
- Turn right into the parking lot between the Synagogue and Clinton Memorial AME Zion Church.